What are you selling?
Are you selling a product? A service? Are you selling yourself?
Whatever it is, nobody is going to buy it without a pitch, without a story.
Great stories make compelling offers. And therein lies the question:
How do you tell a good story?
Let's break it down. Every good story has three elements:
1. The protagonist: The main character.
2. The conflict: The main character's challenge.
3. The resolution: The transformation caused by overcoming the challenge.
Now, let's correlate these elements with your pitch:
1. The protagonist: Your prospect.
2. The conflict: Your prospect's problem.
3. The resolution: Your product.
It's a clean fit, hence the expression:
"Facts tell and stories sell."
Whatever you're selling, sell it with a story, with a pitch that creates an emotional arch your prospect can see herself living through.